CopperMan contestants navigate the treacherous balance beam. Photo courtesy Tripp Fay/Copper Mountain.
COPPER MOUNTAIN — Forget Superman! Only a true CopperMan champion can master a hot chocolate pit and the human luge, followed by the slalom-pole maze. Costumed racers challenge a 3K course through the base village, charging a maze of frozen and man-made obstables, like wading through a chest-deep sea of beachballs.
Registration for the CopperMan is $25 in advance and $30 on race day (Sunday, April 14) and you could win:
- First place - Copper Mountain Season Pass
- Second place - Copper Mountain Four Pack
- Third place - $50 Experience Copper Card
Along with the CopperMan, one of our favorite events of the season - Sunsation, returns to Copper Mountain on Saturday and Sunday, as part of the closing weekend festivities. You'll groove to live Sunsation music and a full-on beachside vibe around the Burning Stones Plaza.
In contrast with the beachy feel, March has delivered just about five feet of snow so far, and closing weekend will offer some of the best ski conditions of the year! Let us help you plan your trip. Visit CopperColoradoCondos to get started.
Closing weekend schedule:
- Red Bull SlopeSoakers on Saturday, April 13 at 11 a.m. The open event (100-entrant limit) showcases daring rail rides above giant vats of water and includes prizes for best costume and best crash. Overall winners take home a Copper Season Pass.
- Sunsation live music starts at 1 p.m. each day, with the opening bands to be determined. Headliners Matt And Kim start at 4 p.m. Saturday (April 13), and Grammy winners Ozomatli will rock the Rockies starting 4 pm. Sunday (April 14).
- And, the 2nd Annual CopperMan starts at 11a.m. on Sunday, April 14th.